Tuesday 23 February 2010

Additional research














I also have planes in this final animation, which i have decided will be F4F Wildcat fighter planes, they come from the 1940's WW2 and fit with Bert's life's timescale. They are quite simple planes and one i have laid the uvs out i will be able to simply assign different shaders for the enemy, Bert and the Fly. I have already located Orthographic images for the plane.
I am still sticking to my overall style so everything is a lot simpler than real life, there will be just two sets of dials, an over sized sight fixed to the front of the plane, and simple textures all over. The orthographs above with colour was me just playing around with some colour to see the effect. I was considering maybe some sort of artwork similar to the first photo at the top of this blog with a twist, for instance something that you would associate with an elderly man and then something you may associate with a fly, but these are just thoughts at the moment.
I am going to begin modelling Bert's head this evening and work on that as well as perfecting the storyboard and plane design this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment