Monday 10 May 2010

Smoke test

For the end scene of my project there needed to be more of a 'bigger' emphasis on the explosion of the fly's plane before cutting to to Burt on the RAF background. As you already know I've decided against dynamics in Maya for aesthetic reasons and also time consumption so instead I've tried out a few effects in Adobe After Effects that i could composit with the final animation clips. At the moment the clip is on a black background to better show the effects of the smoke for the blog. I will continue to work on it, and may add a few other layers to get the texture slightly more correct, with slightly varying shades of grey, and by using the toggle transparency i can easily overlay the smoke with no adverse effect on any clips that are beneath it.


For some reason Blogger would not let me embed the clip so instead i've typed the link below...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvwtHI71QgGk

No comments:

Post a Comment